Another common issue you must have often faced in your work life is one of organization, especially when it comes to different projects and co – ordination with others across them. It’s something that many people spend huge amounts of their working time on, never realizing that there are ways in which you can streamline the process significantly by using the right technology, namely, an application specially designed for the purpose.
- Trello is a really useful and simple to use application that changes the way you look at projects completely. It enables you to organize your projects through an interesting interface called cards, which are a novel and really intuitive way of approaching project organization and will change the entire way you look at organizing and managing projects, tasks and assignment and tracking of responsibilities.
- To get Trello, all you need to do is visit the website and download the application. It’s a completely free app, and as the creators have promised – will remain so. You’ll need to provide an email account to set up your account, and once that’s done you’re ready to dive in.
- When you run Trello, it takes you to what’s known as a welcome board. On the left part of the screen, you’ll also notice a series of QuickTime options. This is where you arrange your project, by placing them on different cards, each of which you can access, view and manage independently, as well as co-ordinate with others on. It also lets you adjust settings for each card- such as team members assigned, tracking tasks as well as setting privacy and even inserting hyperlinks if needed.
- Another important aspect of Trello to keep in mind is the concept of labels. Labels enable you to classify projects. It’s a really useful way to use simple color codes to keep track of everything so with just a glance, you’re abreast and up to date with everything you need to know about your projects. You can even use multiple labels on a single card to maximize information.
- One of the most useful and helpful features of Trello, which help it score over other project management applications, is the addition of keyboard shortcuts. These are great ways of streamlining your Trello experience as well as being fun and efficient way to use it. For a full list of keyboards shortcuts and how/when to use them, the website provides a comprehensive list and even a small tutorial.