Have you ever lost your phone and wished that there was an easy way to find out its location using the internet? Irrespective of how your phone goes has missing, with all the technology that is found in modern day smart phones, tracking missing mobile phone has become quite easy. The only thing to remember is that to increase the chance of successfully locating your missing phone you need to act the thief as quickly as possible. In case your phone has been stolen, the thief may remove the SIM Card from it making it very difficult for you to trace it without taking help of the police.
- If you have an Android device, then use any computer to connect to (www.google.com/android/devicemanager) and log into your Google account.
- As long as the missing device is registered to your Google account and has access to the Internet, the Android Device Manager will be able to locate it and display it on the Google Map in a matter of a few seconds.
- Once you have located your missing phone on the Google map, you can use offline techniques to try and retrieves it. The Android Device Manager app also gives you the option to remotely set off a loud alarm on your missing phones, lock it even erase all data from it. Despite all these options if you still unable to retrieve your missing mobile phone, then you need to lodge a complaint with the police.
- If you are missing an iOS device and want to locate it, then you need to sign into your iCloud account (http://www.apple.com/icloud/find-my-iphone.html) or use the Find My iPhone app.
5. Within a few seconds, Find My iPhone should be able to locate your missing iOS device and show its location on the map. You have the option to remotely set off a loud alarm on your missing device, lock your device, display a message with your phone number and even remotely wipe out all the data from it.